Thursday, July 29, 2010

Taking the lazy ....

.... way out!!  It was my turn to set the challenge this week on PaperPlay,  I cheekily decided to take the easy peasy option, so the theme is "Anything Goes"!!!  We are sponsored this week by Waltzing Mouse Stamps - I hadn't come across their stamps, but have a look - they are gorgeous - more to add to the wish list, I particularly like the vintage labels.

Here's my card (pic taken at 7am this overcast morning, so it's a bit dark!):


I used this week's sketch on Sketch Saturday (I rotated it).  I'm also entering this card on Simon Says Stamp (dotty - you have to look closely, the dotty bit is the scalloped bit the image is mounted on), Fussy & Fancy Friday (stitches, scallops, sparkle), The Shabby Tea Room (1 ribbon, 2 buttons, 3 punches or dies),  Crafty Creations (summer) and Bunny Zoes Crafts (summer).

I dug into my stash and used some very old Crate Paper papers for this card, and went crazy with stickles.  Here's a close-up of the sweet image:


Recipe:
Papers: Crate Paper "Blue Hill"
Stamp: Leanne Ellis for Sugar Nellie "Bluebell"
Colouring Medium: Distress Inks
Other: Ribbon from stash, "Blue Hill" chipboard buttons, sentiment stamp from stash, diamond stickles, needle + thread

I'm off now to contemplate on my first card for Creative Card Crew (eeek - the pressure!).  Don't forget to enter my blog candy - post at top of blog.

19 comments :

Nicole said...

Cute card - adorable image! Great job with our 123 challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Saskia said...

So beautiful... Lovely to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Julie, thanks so much for the lovely welcome hun, I've got quite a bit going on this week but I'm trying to get round everything lol, your cards gorgeous and your theme's perfect, speak soon, hugs Liz xx

Lisa said...

What an adorable card! That sweet little girl stamp is soooo cute and I love your choice of patterned papers! Thanks so much for playing along this week in the Tea Room!

craftyb said...

gorgeous card...love your image and how you coloured it...love the soft colours and the sparkle! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Debbie said...

So absolutely precious! I {heart} how you added the glitter bling to the flower and around the oval! Such soft and pretty colors! Thanks for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Julie, this is gorgeous. Love all the details you put in this card. Congrats on your DT!! :)

Sandie said...

Gorgeous card Julie!! Love the image and all the sparkle.

Deirdre said...

Julie, found wifi!!!! love your card - congrats on the CCC design spot...woohoo for you..... Will enter your candy when I get home! Wifi is tempermental!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow! This is so beautiful! I love the glitter details that you added!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Mina said...

shes fab Julie I love her glittery flower...all flowers in real life should have a touch of sparkle to make even more beautiful dont you think
Mina xxx

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet little card...and I love your magnolia card also...be careful, they get very addictive! Especially if you get the Magnolia Ink magazine!
Alicia xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Julie, such a sweet image and I love your sparkle
hugs Mandy xx

Maria Matter said...

Hi Julie! You've made such a beautiful card here! lovely papers and wonderful design!!!

Welcome to the CCCrew, I'm looking forward to designing with you! :)
hugs & blessings!

stampingandstitching said...

Such an adorable and beautiful card Julie! Love your colouring and mix of pps! Go stickles crazy anytime - all that glittery goodness is wonderful!

Deb said...

So pretty, I love the touch of glitter you've added. The image is so cute and the colours are gorgeous.

Audrey Pettit said...

Very cute card! I like the design with the paper strips in the background and you've done such a great coloring job on that fun image. Adore the touches of sparkle. Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

Lindsey said...

Hi Julie, thanks for the comment, I'm so pleased to hear that i am not the only one with the Flutterby Fear! Horrid hairy googly eyed evil things! Every year(midwinter) I convince myself that i am not afraid of them. Every year (mis summer) I realise that was a lie! As for the Metallica song, couldn't tell you which one, not a great fan myself unlike Hubby, but recognised it non-the-less! It's was played on a piano so not quite as Hells Angelish as it sounds!
Love your card by the way
Linds xx

XxJULESxX said...

another gorgeous creation!!love your blog Julie!

 
type='text/javascript'>