Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Colouring is fun ....

.... but only when you can find the ones you want!!  I posted about my super new organised pro-markers in my last post.  It was so easy to find the ones I needed when I was making my daughter's birthday card.  She'll be 16 soon (eeeek - how did that happen?!!!).  Here's my card:


I used the sketch from this week's Sugar Bowl and there is also a blue theme, which I've covered!  I'm also entering it into Passion for ProMarkers (distressing), Crafty Creations (happy or sweet),  Papertake Weekly (cutie patootie) and Crafty Angels (shabby chic. Can shabby be bright colours - I'm not sure?).

I used my scrumptious new Cosmo Cricket papers that I got last week.  I cobbled the sentiment together on Word, using two different fonts and some text boxes to squeeze it all together and I'm really pleased with the result.

I bought the stamp quite a while ago, with my daughter in mind, she loves all things manga. And since her hair is dyed red at the moment I decided to colour the image's hair red too (although dd's is not quite as red at this!!).  Here's a close-up:


Recipe:
Papers: Cosmo Cricket "Material Girl"
Stamp: Sugar Nellie "Manga Girl #2"
Colouring Medium: Letraset ProMarkers
Fonts: OldGateLaneOutline and Dear Joe 4
Other: Distress Inks, Nestabilities Label 1, stickles, needle + thread

Thanks for looking!

17 comments :

craftyb said...

gorgeous card...love the mix of colours and pp's together! thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Cathy Glitter Happy said...

This is Gorgeous Julie i love the papers and the image works so well x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julie, what a beautiful card. Love the image and your colouring is fab. The papers are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Twiglet said...

Gorgeous card - love the colours!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Julie, I love the colour combo you've used and your shading is stunning. Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card Julie! Love all the beautiful layers. Wonderful colouring too!

Mina said...

what a fabulous mix of papers Julie, I love them...fab image too
Mina xxx

Anja´s kortkreasjoner said...

Hi, What a gorgeous card. Love your colouring. Thank you for joining us at PfP this week.
Hugs, Anja

Emma said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the colours.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Julie. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Beautiful card Julie,the colours are really special (my daughter is obsessed with the pro-markers at the moment) and Happy Birthday to your daughter. Thank you for stopping by Margie's Crafts and leaving your lovely comments for us. Hugs, Margie.

Debs said...

such a fun card..
thanks for joining us at PFP.... Debs x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Julie.
Thanks for joining us this week at PFP, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

Julie said...

Wow, fab card and beautifully coloured!! Love those papers too!! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, Hugs, Juliexx

Claire Phillips said...

Lovely card - thanks for playing along this week at Crafty Creations in our happy/sweet challenge. Cheers Claire x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Julie,
Just lurve this. Your image is fab & beautifully coloured & those DPs are yummy. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Lilian said...

Your card is just stunning! I love the mix of papers and your fab coloring! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

 
type='text/javascript'>