I used the lovely sketch from this week's Truly Scrumptious, and am also entering it into Totally Papercrafts (pearls and swirls).
I was originally going to use soft greys and pinks (donkey colours!) - but when I checked out Michelle's work, I can see she loves bright colours, flowers and pearls - so I ramped up the pink - a lot!!!
This is only the second time I've used a digi-stamp, my printer is not so good with these at all. I dried it with a heat-gun several times and it took a few goes to colour without smudging. All I can say is I'm glad my donkey is grey!!! Here's a close-up of the image:
Recipe:
Papers: Basic Grey "Bittersweet"
Stamp: Digistamp by Meljens at Whimsy Stamps
Colouring Medium: Distress Inks
Other: Stickles, Maya Road Flower, Basic Grey Pearls, ribbon from stash, needle + thread
Thanks for looking, and if you haven't already and would like to make a card for Michelle, follow the links in this post to find out the details.








4 comments :
Hi Julie
aww gorgeous card, fab colouring, beautiful papers & design, Michelle will luv it,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x
Gorgeous card Julie, Michelle is going to love it. I hope her postman has a big van!! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.
stunning Julie, I love that ruffle trim and the fabulous flower is perfect with the colours...fabulous...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx
Gorgeous card Julie, love the bright pinks, gorgeously colour little donkey - Michelle is going to love it!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Truly Scrumptious.
hugs Heather xx
Post a Comment