Tuesday, November 2, 2010

You should see ....

.... the giant pile of ironing in my house that's waiting to be done!!!  Nothing like a holiday to multiply the laundry by a gazillion percent, but I had a card to make for our Deputy Principal, who is now happily ensconced back in his own classroom after the arrival of the new principal. 

I wanted to make a funny card, so this is what I ended up with:


I'm entering it into the following challenges: Crafty Cardmakers ("Stitching"), A Spoon Full of Sugar (use embellishments), Papertake Weekly (card for a guy), The Shabby Tearoom (has a inspiration pic with red/blue/white colours that I've used) and Paper Sundaes (card for a man).

I've used my funny Basic Grey stamp creatures, and I decided to put googly eyes on them since they are a staple of most classroom art supply cupboards!!!  I made the banners from the lovely OA papers, cut out and glued to a red thread string, then attached at the ends so they swing freely. Here's a close-up of the images:


Recipe:

Papers: October Afternoon "Seaside"
Image: Basic Grey "Heart Girl" and "Frog Boy"
Colouring Medium: Distress Inks
Lettering: 20 year old college letraset rub-ons - I knew they'd come in useful some day!
Other: Ribbon from stash, Doodlebug button, glossy accents, needle + thread

Thanks for looking!  And tomorrow, while I'm waiting for the iron to heat up, I'm planning to get a proper look at what you've all been up to - how I've missed blog-hopping!!

14 comments :

June Houck said...

Super adorable with the googly eyes! Your pennants are terrific too...luv them :)

Debbie said...

Absolutely precious card ... I especially like the banners!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So cute, love those images, especially the eyes!!!

Fiona said...

this is lovely...great DP and colours. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

fi

Dotty Jo said...

What a fabulous card Julie, I love the banners and the goggly eyes on those sweet little characters! Jo x

Lin said...

This is so quirky I love it. Those googly eyes really make the little people stand out. Love the banners too.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox

Pattie said...

Super cute! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room and at Paper Sundaes!

Mina said...

brilliant Julie, I love those cuties and their google eyes...the bunting is fabulous
Mina xxx

Gloria Stengel said...

How fun. Love the banner! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes this week.

Annika said...

lol, this IS funny!! Love the shape of that bunting, real cute.
And don't even MENTION the ironing!!
xx
Annika

Angie said...

Hi Julie what a great card i love the googly eyes thanks for joining us at papertake weekly.
Hugs Angie

Made by Mandy said...

I am a great advocator of googly eyes myself, they add such a fun element to a card.

Thank you for joining in with our stitching challenge at Crafty Cardmakers :)

Unknown said...

This is so cute!! What a lovely card...I am sure he will really love it.
Alicia xx

Sandy Ang said...

Can't stop admiring how cute your card is.
Love to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html

 
type='text/javascript'>