Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Snooooooowwwwww ....

.... I love it!!  This is the third "big" snowfall we've had in Ireland in the last two years - more than I can  remember ever.  I know those of you in certain parts of mainland Europe and the US, and in Scandinavia, would fall about laughing at our piddly quantities of snow, and the way the country grinds to a halt with it!!  But I am so happy 'cos I love winter and I love snow!!

Woke up on Saturday morning and it had fallen during the night.  I had a crop to go to, and I was a bit worried about the roads, 'cos it was on the other side of the city, but I decided to risk it anyway!!  Had a great day, finished my Christmas cards (yay!!), got home safely, and then it snowed AGAIN on Sunday night, Monday, Monday night and it's still going now (did thaw a bit during the day today, though.  Boo!!!).

On the down side, school hasn't been cancelled.  I did cross all my fingers and toes, and if the unprecedented 10 inches of snow that were forecast last night had actually happened, we would have had a snow day, but no.  Maybe tomorrow?!!!

Walked down to the shops on Sunday morning to get the paper and took a few photos.  It was a beautiful crisp clear morning.  Here's our house with the Minis covered in snow:


We walked through the grounds of my daughter's school on the way home, gorgeous trees and views of the Dublin Mountains:




No cards today, I have a baby girl one to do, will have to start it after dinner.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments :

Ger said...

Stunning photographs! Mullingar got 4 inches, schools closed, no alarms to set, I love it too! We don't get nearly enough of it! LET IT SNOW!!!!!

Ger x.

June Houck said...

I love the snow too! We had more last winter than I have ever seen in my entire life! I predict less for us this year LOL.

 
type='text/javascript'>