In keeping with the week that's in it, the theme on Creative Card Crew this fortnight is "Back to School". We are sponsored by Simon Says Stamp and the winner will receive a $15 store credit. Check out what my talented teamies have made.
I had no school themed stuff, so I decided to buy one of Mo Manning's beautiful images, it's my first one of hers. Here's the card I made:
Update 3rd Sep: This card was picked as a Top 5 on Stamp Something - thank you, ladies - another blinkie - yayyyy!
Update 4th Sep: This card was picked as Winner on Sketch Saturday - thanks so much!
I've used the sketch from this week's Sketch Saturday. I'm also entering it into the following challenges: Fussy & Fancy Friday ("Back to School"), Stamp Something (another "Back to School"), Cute Card Thursday ("Dieing for a Punch" - no punches or dies), Shabby Tea Room ("Old/New" - my old is the papers, new is the image) and a new challenge blog, CES Challenges ("Anything Goes").Update 4th Sep: This card was picked as Winner on Sketch Saturday - thanks so much!
I think I may have finally beaten my digi troubles. I printed the image in "everyday" setting rather than "normal", and heat set it with my heat gun a few times and left it overnight before I coloured (with distress inks of course!) and I am pretty happy with the result. Thanks to Mina for the printing hints, and also to Deirdre and Sandie for the "Adjust contrast" photoshopping hints (what a difference it makes!)!! Here's a close-up of my image:
Recipe:
Papers: Fancy Pants "The Daily Grind"
Stamps: Hero Arts "Apple" and Mo Manning "Erasmus"
Colouring Medium: Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Other: Fancy Pants ribbon, scallop edge scissors, needle + thread
Thanks for looking!









22 comments :
Really cute card, just love all the bright colours
Thanks for joining us this week at CES for our 1st challenge, hope to see you soon!
hugs shell xx
Fabulous job with this digi Julie!!! Your card is beautiful and the coloring...WOWZA!!!
great job!
Enjoy your day!
hugs & blessings!
Awww Julie, sorry to hear you'll be up with the sunrise in the morning!
I guess, at least, there'll be a bit of buzz with everyone getting back together after the summer!
I usually just print off digi's using a cheapo laser printer and they're good to go right immediately with copics or distress ink.
Hugs,
Lily
Your card is gorgeous Julie ! Love the DP and your colouring is fantastic ! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and good luck ! Smiles from Catherine
What a fabby card! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenge and hope to see you there next week! Sheena xx
What a fabulous choice of images. Simply love your coloring and your dp choice. Beautifully done card!
Denise
Very cute! TFS!
How very cute! That new image you picked up is adorable, and so perfect for back to school. I LOVE your coloring job. Cute papers and colors, too. thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.
Hi Julie,
Just had to stop by and say how much I love your card. Awesome colouring and an adorable image,I love Mo's work.
Absolutely gorgeous.
Hugs your teamie cherie x
Absolutely stunning colouring! Such seamless blending - I'm totally jealous!
My printer bleeds with water whatever settings I use or heat set or whatnot. Thus I'm only watercolouring rubber stamps :D
Hugs
Annika
hope you managed to get up ok Julie and theres no scratch marks on the door frame lol...fantastic card and your digi colouring is stunning, I didnt help much at all Julie but am so pleased you got it sorted
Mina xxx
cute card:)
Beautiful Card so cute too and wonderful colouring! Thanks for sharing with us this week over at Stamp Something for our "BACK TO SCHOOL" challenge this week.
Hugs Jo x
love the card julie it's gorgeous! love your colouring!
Hi Julie, came looking for that card you're supposed to be doing for the 19 year old bloke. Not done it?
Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and papers and great colouring of Mo's adorable image. You'll find Mo's images addictive, believe me!!
hugs Heather xx
Its gorgeous Julie. Beautifully coloured and I love the image.Thanks for joining us in the first CES Challenge and hope you can join us again soon!
Clairexx
Hi Julie. love your card,great image and colouring hun, hope all goes well with school lol, no first morning nerves now, hugs Liz xx
Wow, absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the detail and what a great take on the sketch challenge! Hugs, Karen
P.S. If you love challenges you are sure to love my new blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com
Gorgeous card julie :-) i just saw this on the Sketch Saturday Challenge and had to come to leave a comment ,,, brilliant !!
Love your blog name and am now a follower :-)
Luv
Lols x x x
Darling! Wonderful bright back to school colors and that image is so sweet! Great coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)
Your card is darling, Julie! Perfect for our challenge this week. Enjoy your day. Peggy x
Great card, those papers look fun. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.
Post a Comment