Saturday, January 5, 2013

First one ....

.... of 2013, and it's a last-minuter!!

This is my DT sample for PaperPlay - sadly it's our last challenge for a while.  Sandie has decided to close the challenge blog for a while, to hopefully reopen some time.  This week's challenge, ironically, is called "Celebration".  I had to make a card for a teacher at school who has just moved into a new home, after a difficult few years, so it's certainly a move to celebrate.  Here's what I made:


I used the sketch from this week's Deconstructed Sketch, and I'm also entering the following challenges: My Time to Craft ("All about the new"),Stampin' for the Weekend and Papertake Weekly ("Anything Goes"), Simon Says Stamp ("New Something") and Cute Card Thursday ("Something New").

I used some very old papers from Cosmo Cricket called "Mr. Campy" - I love that line, but have only scraps left at this stage.  I made the little scene using a couple of different Hero Arts stamps and cutting a little grassy knoll!  Here's a closer look:

 
Recipe:
Papers: Cosmo Cricket "Mr. Campy"
Stamps: Hero Arts "Design Block Clouds Background" and "From our House to Yours"
Colouring Medium: Sky - Hero Arts Hues, house and trees Prismacolor pencils
Font: computer generated
Other: buttons from stash, hairy string, glossy accents
 
 
Thanks for looking - and a very happy 2013 to everyone!
 


6 comments :

Grá O'Neill said...

Gorgeous card, the papers are divine & I love the different stamps you've used :)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the scene you have created & the papers you have used!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

heidy said...

Love your fabolous card Julie!!
Thanks for joining CCT this week!
Hugs Heidy

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card!! Love the design and the sweet images!

So adorable!! I love that sweet pup!! Such a cute card!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Jen Shults said...

This is cute! I really like the glossy accents on the trees! Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

June Houck said...

Super cute card! Sorry your DT blog is on hiatus...more time for you to play with your papers? I hope so!

 
type='text/javascript'>