Sunday, December 23, 2012

Second and ....

.... last Christmas card.  I made another one, my daughter was dropping a box of Roses around to the place she worked last summer, and she wanted a card to go with it.  So I had to pull out all the stops (hee hee!) and make one.  Here's what I made:


I used the sketch from this week's Deconstructing Sketches, and I'm also entering this into the following challenges: Basic Grey Challenges ("Anything Goes"), Totally Gorjuss ("Easy Does It"), Sentimental Sundays ("Focus on the Sentiment") and Card Crafters' Circle ("It's Christmas").

I bought some jingle bells (all the way from Hong Kong!) to use on a few hand-crafted presents (will post after the big day, when all have received them) and then last week was picking up some stuff in the local hardware store when what did I see but some discounted jingle bell ornaments.  So I got them and now they are being used everywhere, including on this card (makes it a bit hard to fit in the envelope, though!).  Here's a side shot:


Recipe:
Papers: Basic Grey "Nordic Holiday"
Other: Ribbon from stash, red mesh from bouquet of flowers, baker's twine, jingle bells!

So are we all ready for Christmas?  I was very late getting started this year, but a few highly focused shopping sessions the week before last sorted almost everything.  I cycled down to the shopping centre early this morning to pick up a couple of final items and the place was mobbed - it was like the day before the Apocalypse or something.  Don't you love being one of the ones who's not in a panic in the midst of all that - it's a lovely smug feeling!!!

Best wishes to one and all for a lovely and peaceful holiday!

5 comments :

Heather said...

A stunning card Julie, I love your colours and papers, your details are beautiful - such a gorgeous sentiment.
I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas you wishing you a very Happy New Year,
hugs Heather xx
and thanks so much for joining us us Basic Grey challenge.

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely card, love the word tiles, Great to see you at Totally Gorjuss this week, hugs Samantha :0)

Tameko said...

Stunning card design. Nice bells, and fiber elements. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge!

Lou said...

Hi!really gorgeous card Julie,the colours are lovely and your design is too.
Special wishes for this New Year and thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenge.
hugs Lou.xx

June Houck said...

Lovely! I *heart* those jingle bells!

 
type='text/javascript'>