Friday, July 29, 2011

Betcha didn't think ....

.... I'd finish that card today?  Neither did I, but .... I did!!  Maybe because I have to make a card a day for the next three days, no excuses - they're all due imminently.  Eek!

Today's card is the second of three commissioned cards that I'm making for a lady's 60th birthday.  I'm going for a very different look for each one, so I've moved from yesterday's soft greens and fairies to this -screaming bright red and manga!!


I've used the sketch from The Sugar Bowl - I'm also entering this into Kaboodle Doodles ("Stitching"), Stamp Something ("Summer Something" - my manga girl looks like she's heading out into an Irish summer - with sunhat AND umbrella!) and Totally Gorjuss ("punch or die").

I changed this card so many times while I was making it - the cardstock went from red to cream to aqua and finally walnut - and the top patterned paper layer went from these cherries to some blue with kites to some blue with red birds and finally back to the cherries again.  What a pain in the wotsit!!  My crafting buddy, Michelle, lent me a beautiful doily die at the crop the other night - it cuts out the most intricate doily pattern which I've used on this card - I'm going to have to buy this die, I think it's on the Joanna Sheen site.  It's also extremely therapeutic poking the bits out of all those little holes!!

Here's a close-up of my little Manga girl.



Recipe:
Papers: Cosmo Cricket "Togetherness" and "Early Bird"
Image: Sugar Nellie "April Showers"
Colouring Medium: Distress Inks
Other: Doily Die, Hero Arts pearls, ribbon from stash, needle + thread

Thanks for looking - fingers crossed for another card tomorrow!!!

4 comments :

Kat said...

This is really lovely. I'm glad you ended up with the cherries papers. All your DP goes together so nicely. Love that doily die, looks really pretty. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

I agree, what a lovely card for a 60th occasion! Really love that doily too! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Kath
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

June Houck said...

Oh it is so nice to see you playing with papers again :) I love all the reds in your card!

Elaine said...

Beautiful card Julie.
It's always nice to see some of the slightly older images being used, and this is one of my favourite Mangas.
The colours are papers are fab, and Nora will be delighted.

Thanks for playing in the Sugar Bowl Challenge.

Hugs Elaine xx

 
type='text/javascript'>