I've seen lots of threads on message boards about New Year's resolutions. Typically, my resolution is not to make a resolution, I find that's an easy one to achieve!!! But really, the most improving thing I could do is to stop procrastinating!!!
This card is a case in point, one of the teachers at school asked me to make it in mid-December. OK, the snow was a valid excuse, then Christmas itself and all the visiting and socialising that entails. But by last weekend, when I was still ensconced on the sofa and the house was cleaned up after the New Year's party, I had run out of excuses. So I dragged myself up to the craftroom and, what do you know, made something! Here's the card:
I used the sketch from this week's Friday Sketchers. I'm also entering this card into the following challenges: Shabby Tea Room (11 elements - mine are: 4 papers, 4 hearts, 1 image, 1 ribbon, 1 border punch), Lili of the Valley ("New Beginnings"), Paper Sundaes ("Something New" - my new is the ribbon) and Papertake ("Anything Goes").
I used Pumice Stone Distress Ink to ink the edges of the papers, I like the look against those pale pink papers, makes them stand out more. I used the same Lili of the Valley stamp that I used on the last baby card - it's so cute - just coloured with distress inks and highlighted with stickles. Here's a close-up:
And here's a wee side-shot of the layers - lots of paper on this card, but I kept the dimension as flat as I could as the client is sending it through the post:
Recipe:
Papers: Basic Grey "Sugared"
Stamp: Lili of the Valley "Baby Blanket"
Colouring Medium: Distress Inks
Other: MS Valentine Lace punch, Nestabilities Labels 4, diamond stickles, gingham ribbon, needle + thread
That's all for now- I'm going to go and make a start on taking down the Christmas decorations - such a gloomy job!
Thanks for looking!










20 comments :
Happy New Year to you too, Julie! Your card is adorable!Wonderful details, colouring and distressing! Good luck with the decorations - I hate that bit when everywhere looks so bare.
Your card is adorable! Thanks for sharing :)
Gorgeous card sweetie, i love this image, love the colours you have chosen too, thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley this week, big hugs love Pops x x x
this is so sweet...fab papers and a cute little image. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.
fi
Gorgeous card Julie :-) the image is adorable and I love the papers with the inked edges ,,, lovely combination :-)
thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x
Hi Hun, happy New Year to you too, a little late I know lol, gosh hun this is adorable I love the image, I must so try to get one of those he he, fab colouring too hun, have fun! hugs Liz xx
Cute card - precious image! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)
so cute without being sickly.congrats and happy new year.EE
fab card, love the pink and distress ink together!
hugs
céline
wow.. this card is adorable Julie, i love the pretty papers with this image.
Thanks for joining us this week on the Friday Sketcher blog
hope to see you again
love
Claudia
Just as sweet as sweet as can be! Beautiful details - thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)
Im with you I dont make resolutions because they are destined to failure lol...I love this fab baby card its so pretty and girly
Happy New Year Julie
Mina xxx
Happy New Year Julie, I hope all your wishes are realised in 2011 and that it will be a prosperous one for you and your family. Big Hugs, Margie.
So sweet, love it! thanks for playing along this week at the Shabby Tea Room! : )
Just adorable Julie - love it. I know what it's like trying to get the mojo going after the hols and festivites.
Happy New Year to you and yours and wishing you all things wonderful for 2011.
So sweet! Adorable card! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room!
Happy New Year to you too Julie. Only one more weekend of 'holiday' before its back to school/college! Hope you are well. Love, Carol :)
I love this cutie card. The soft pinks, the cute image, and of course that fab BG paper! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week.
So cute! Love how you have inked the edges of those gorgeous papers!
Alicia xx
That baby image is SOOOO cute! I am going to have to look for that at my LSS. Then travel to Dublin to have you help me color said image...
Post a Comment