It's Thursday and my team's week for doing the DT samples on PaperPlay. Our challenge this week was set by Vera and it's called "Cutie Patootie" - use a cute image.
Well, I hit a bit of a wall on this one. I pulled out my Tildas and my Sugar Nellies et al, and I just wasn't feeling the cuteness!! Hmm, hmm, what to do?!! Scrabbled around in the back of the wooden stamp drawer, and out came one of those never inked Peanuts stamps - it's called "Snoopy Kisses". I think that would qualify for cute, don't you?! And then I started thinking ahead - Valentine's Day - could this become the card for my hearts 'n' flowers hatin' husband? Here's what I made (sorry about the light - very dark day here - I will have to try and retake):
I used the sketch from this week's Shabby Tea Room, and I'm also entering this card into Basic Grey Challenges ("Dots + Spots" - I've used Jovial papers), Crafty Cardmakers ("Use red and a die-cut") and Bunny Zoes Crafts ("Love is in the Air").
Here's a close-up of the Peanuts image - Charlie Brown is so funny with his eyes rolling up to heaven!!
And here's a side-shot of the embellishments. I made these Xs and Os from cardstock, and put glossy accents on the red Os and black enamel accents (wonderful stuff!) on the Xs.
Recipe:
Papers: Basic Grey Jovial
Stamp: Stampabilities "Snoopy Kisses"
Colouring Medium: Distress Inks
Other: Nestabilities Labels 2, Doodlebug brads, glossy accents, black enamel accents, ribbon from stash, needle + thread
Thanks for looking - I would be off for a nap now, but my mother-in-law is coming over for dinner, maybe I should tidy a bit!!









18 comments :
I just love this - fabulous!
Gorgeous card hun, definately a cutie and your embellies look fab
hugs Mandy xx
Adorable - love the stitching! Thanks for joining us this week TSTR! :)
Oh this is fabulous Julie, I love Snoopy - he's my hero!!
Love the spotty papers and that gorgeous stripey ribbon.
Thanks so much for joining us at Basic Grey challenge and DT call,
hugs
Heather xx
Love it Julie, so fun. I know what you mean about the tiredness!!!! looking forward to the weekend!!!
This is super cute, very nice job.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Gorgeous.. and you've reminded me that I have a couple of cute Peanuts stamps somewhere that I completely forgot about.. *oh the shame*
Hope your hubby likes the card.. personally, I would have LOADED flowers onto it, LOL!!
Have a great day
Sandie
xx
Well, this is super cute...snoopy kisses, he, he,he...I like that and the sentiment is perfect! Love all the spots and dots on your beautiful BG papers too!
Thanks so much for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges, Julie, and best of luck with the DT Call!
Hugs,t
isnt it hard to get back into routine after the holidays Julie, I love this image and your mix of papers, I have a huge box of wooden backed stamps I havent been into for ages must have a look through them
Mina xxx
Hi Julie, Ahhh that image is so cute and so is your card. Beautiful work.
Love,
Chelsea
Hi just discovered your blog through basisc grey challenges. Must buy those jovial papers super colours works so well with the stamp. Definately cute ! Kitty :!
awwww...gotta love Snoopie!!! Absolutely adorable card - but then again, your work is always top notch!!
Hugs
Annika
beautiful!!! love that snoopy&charlie brown image :) hope you are keeping well missus xxx
ps. I use distress inks to do all my colouring of stamped images xxx
Hi Julie
Many congrats ! You won our challenge over at BasicGrey Challenges. Could you please email us so that we can tell you how to claim your prize.
Hugs,
Jo x
Julie, just left a little something for you on my blog.
Have a great day. Deirdre
Congratulations Julie. Beautiful card and I love your blog.
Anne
Hi Julie! Left something on my blog for you :)
oops I forgot to say...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx
Post a Comment