Thursday, June 10, 2010

One down ....

.... I'm not counting what's left to do 'cos I don't want to think about it!

I've got a deadline of the week after next to get quite a few cards done, so last night I made one of them as my DT entry for this week's PaperPlay - the theme is "home" - and it's quite a loose interpretation, e.g. new home, something from your home that inspires the project, etc.  I was thinking about this during the week while looking out at the back garden, and I saw rather a lot of dandelions on the lawn.  "Bingo - a dandelion wedding card", thought I.  I had intended to post a picture of these inspirational dandelions, but husband cut the grass in the meantime!!!  So here's the card:

 
Sorry about the abysmal lighting - another November in June day here today!!! 

I've used the sketch from this week's Sketch Saturday and I'm also entering it on Create 4 Fun  (black/white/one other colour - mine's silver).

This card is a rariety for me, because I didn't use any patterned paper - just cardstock.  And I'm really annoyed, I carefully measured up the centre section before I stuck it down - normally I just go by eye - and after all my sums and adding up on my fingers - the piggin' thing is off-centre!!   Grrrr!

The black bit down the middle is a gorgeous black velvet ribbon I've had forever, with a narrow silver ribbon on top.  I stamped the image twice, first in Tuxedo Black, then overlapped with Versamark and heat embossed with silver - might be easier to see in this close-up:


Thanks for looking!

6 comments :

Unknown said...

He he I had wondered where the home was in this card so I'm happy I dropped by now, it's a lovely interpretation, I love it! and your card is gorgeous, very elegant xxx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Julie even though it's wonky lol.
You did make me laugh with your inspiration
hugs Mandy xx

Sabriel said...

I love that stamp and the colours look great too, I like this style :D

Deirdre said...

Julie, I just ADORE It.... what stamp did you use?

I didn't spot if was off centre until you mentioned it...!! LOL!!! Love it. Great to see you playing along with Sketch Saturday too.... can't believe it's Saturday again tomorrow!!!

June Houck said...

Julie, you rocked the challenge! This is original and stunning. I can NOT tell that it is off-center. It is pretty & perfect :)

stampingandstitching said...

Oh this is gorgeous Julie! Beautiful, elegant design and I love the sparkle too!

 
type='text/javascript'>