Thursday, June 24, 2010

15 hours to go ....

.... until summer holidays, yippee!

Made a thank you card for my son's teacher for this week's PaperPlay.  The theme this week is "It's sunny here" and the prize is a €15 gift certificate from Bunny Zoes Crafts. Here's my card:



The title of challenge may be "It's Sunny Here", but this morning when I took the photo, it wasn't!!!  So the card is a good deal more vibrant looking in real life!!

I used the sketch from this week's Sketch Saturday, and I'm also entering it on ABC Challenge (X-tra dimension - mine is the popped up sun), Cute Card Thursday (reuse, renew, recycle), and Crafty Creations (shine - again, the sun).

I really like that happy sun.  I cut it off a carrier bag from Daisy & Tom some years back and almost threw it out lots of times.  Glad I kept it now.  I cut out the round part, slathered it in glossy accents, popped it up on the card and drew the rays with black zig marker.  Here's a close-up:


Recipe:
Papers: Cosmo Cricket "Early Bird"
Stamp: Hero Arts "Row of Perky Flowers"
Colouring Medium: Distress Inks
Other: Glossy Accents, needle & thread

I've just realised I've passed 10,000 hits on my blog.  Time to organise a candy, I think.  I'll organise something next week (when I'm on my .... summer holidays!).

Thanks for looking.

14 comments :

Clare Brown said...

thanks for sharing your sunny card with us this week at abc challenge.I especially love the sun with the glossy accents, a nice little touch.
enjoy your hols

hugs Clare x

Mandy said...

Fabby card hun, love the sun and the sweet flowers, gorgeous papers too
hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous! I love your sun and am glad you didn't throw it away too! Love the colours - so summery!
Alicia xx

C said...

The holidays have started already!!!!! Yippeeee. Mrs. Stuart is going to LOVE that card. So pretty. Hugs, Carol xoxo

Dotty Jo said...

Lucky Mrs Stuart! I love that sunshine face - glad you kept it! Jo x

June Houck said...

Oh yummy! I have the 6x6 Early Bird pad that I am hording...I love it so :)

I am glad you kept that cute sun too...he is perfect for your fun happy summer card!

Jilli said...

Gorgeous sunshine card. I love those papers. Thanks for joining the fun this week at Sketch Saturday. Hugs Jillix

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card Julie! I love your mix of beautiful pps and all your stitching! The cute sun is perfect for your card - brilliant recycling too! Enjoy your summer holidays!

Anonymous said...

A lovely charming card!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge with us!!
smiles,Deena

Anonymous said...

A lovely charming card!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge with us!!
smiles,Deena

Deirdre said...

Woohooo for summer hols. Adore your card - just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Oh' what a Beautiful Sunshine card love the papers and sun image great colours also fabulous creation Julie
Hugs
Sarah xx

xxxtglxxx said...

I love this sunny card - really cheery and inspirational xxTFSxx

Shirl said...

The card is absolutely lovely! Me likey the happy sun too...it goes soo well with the papers...good job for keeping "rubbish"!

Have a great summer holiday! :)

 
type='text/javascript'>