Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Stitch ....

.... in Time.

That's the title of this week's challenge on PaperPlay Challenges, set by Kate:

"Basically use stitching on your project, it can be real, drawn on or stamped, up to you!"
I have used hand-stitching on cards before, sewing on buttons, etc., and I've drawn faux stitching, but I decided to be adventurous and get the sewing machine out for my DT entry.
It was TERRIFYING!!!
I was afraid I would break the needle, tear the paper, wreck the machine or a combination thereof!! Well, apart from being a bit wobbly, nothing disastrous happened, but it's just as well this isn't a Home Economics school project, 'cos if they looked at the back of the stitching, they would fail me!!! The tension was not good at all when using paper! I had to quickly stick DS tape on the back before it began unravelling.
Anyway, asides from all the panic, the image is one of my new Leanne Ellis for Sugar Nellie stamps and I love it!

10 comments :

deifen said...

This is absolutely divine Julie-you battled admirably with the sewing machine-it looks perfect!Love the Leanne Ellis stamp too!
Dei :-D

pinky said...

Came up lovely, those colours are so beautiful and muted. The stitching looks great from here but like you the last time I tried it the back was a shambles lol. Love that image too.
Pinky

Kate said...

I love your take on the challenge. SOrry it ended up terrifying for you :-p you're braver than I am with the sewing machine and it was worth it in the end because it ended up gorgeous!!

littlebit said...

Like your card. Have to say I enjoy using the sewing machine on paper - have to try it on a card yet but have used it before on layouts...

Di's Dooodles said...

well done on braving the stitching - don't think I could do it!

Lynn said...

I share your fear of sewing machines :) But the card is gorgeous. Really like the stamp, don't know those ones!

Barbara O'Connor said...

Love the colours Julie.Was only looking at that stamp yesterday, but bought some Gorjuss girls instead! No-one would ever know there was thread chaos at the back...shush...say nothing!!
Babs

JACKIE M said...

Gorgeous card Julie and great stitching.

Annika said...

However terrified you were- the card came out fabulous! Such a lovely layput and colourig - and I love those stamps!

Neasa said...

It is just gorgeous! I'd love a small sewing machine that I could do real sewing on cards with! It's something I'd love to try but I'm not buying a sewing machine just to try it!!! I love the image and the papers you've used. Another wonderful creation Julie.

 
type='text/javascript'>