Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Blowing the dust ....

... off my blog after almost a year!  No idea why, just fell out of the habit (which, let's face it, was an infrequent habit at the best of times!!).  Anyway, I was just sorting my 2017 photos into files and decided to take the plunge back in, so here I am!

I've gone in a slightly different direction with my card-making over the past year .  I've been using much less patterned paper, have been stamping and making backgrounds and using a much more clean and graphic style.  Looking back over the cards I've made, I think my daughter's birthday card illustrates the "new look" quite well.  Here's what I did for her:


I'm entering the following challenges: Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and Crafty Creations("Anything Goes"), Creative Inspirations ("Something New" - mine is the yellow ink) and Crafty Cardmakers ("Get Inky/Messy").  I made the background by inking a large acrylic block, spritzing with water and then stamping directly on the paper.  I made star stencils and cut out the stars and also made the white letters.  I used black backing cardstock so the negative images of the stars would pop.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments :

Marianne said...

Welcome back! Your post popped up in my Blogger reading list, so I thought I'd pop over to cheer you on. Love your inky card. My style has also evolved in the past few years. I'm leaning more towards the clean and simple these days but I also like to get inky sometimes. I would love for you to pop over and have a look around.
Marianne x

crafty said...

Lovely inky background. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
Mary

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

A gorgeous, colourful design Julie. I'm sure Daisy will love it

Thank you for joining us at CCM for our'Get Inky/Messy' challenge

Happy crafting

June/DT

Gina's Cards said...

This is such a beautiful card Julie! I love the background! Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the great colors and how your personalized this birthday card!! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous colourful card, love that background you've made.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Diana @ Playingwithoutlimits said...

So simple, but so amazing and stunning.

Diana
https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

 
type='text/javascript'>