Here's the card I made for this birthday:
I used the sketch from this week's Mojo Monday and I'm also entering the following challenges: Craft Your Passion, Lemon Shortbread and Cards Und More ("Anything Goes"), Paper Sweeties (inspiration pic - I went with the colours) and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge ("One Layer").
I used a technique I saw on Pinterest for the background of this card. I dry-brushed acrylic paint on kraft and when it was dry, inked over with pumice stone distress ink. I really like the soft, chalk-like effect. I coloured the stamped flower with promarkers. Here's a closer look at image and background:
Recipe:
Stamp: Hero Arts "Peeking Posies"
Font: "KG Always a Good Time" dafont.com
Other: Acrylic Paint, Hero Arts gemstones, rock candy stickles
Thanks for looking!






10 comments :
Well done, Julie! Your Mother-in-law must love it! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “One Layer” Challenge!
Julie what a lovely card for her birthday! Love the painting technique in the Kraft! Such a gorgeous background! Thanks for joining the Paper Sweetiss challenge!
This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Your CAS layout is amazing--and I adore the soft blue! Thank you so much for joining us a Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx
What a pretty birthday card for your MIL! I know she will love it! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Paper Sweeties :)
This is so beautiful! Love it! Thanks for joining us over at Mojo Monday!
So pretty!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper
What a beautiful card and a great technique.Your background looks amazing.Such delicate colouring on the flower too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x
How pretty! I love that background, and the personalized sentiment. Your mother-in-law will love it! Thanks so much for joining us in the Paper Sweeties February Inspiration Challenge!
Beautiful background & love the peaking posies :)
Beautiful card and interesting technique, I may have to try it. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sweeties' February Challenge!
Post a Comment