Monday, February 22, 2016

My boy ....

.... is now 14 - and growing like a weed, seems to be made of arms, legs and feet!!

With the trip to Edinburgh, I was almost too late to make a card for him, and it was a bit of a rush, but he really liked it (well, he made the appropriate noises anyway!).  Here it is:


I used a sort of a combination of this week's and last week's sketches from Mojo Monday and I'm also entering the following challenges: Craft your Passion, Brown SugarChocolate Coffee + Cards("Anything Goes"), ABC Challenge ("B is for ... " boy and birthday and black), Fab 'n' Funky ("Male Birthday") and A Gem of a Challenge ("Boy's Birthday").

I made some acrylic paint on kraft panels, I also used some lovely new stamps - the ink splot I particularly like.  I made the 14 and the J, E and D and popped up the 14 on a spring from an old notebook - here's a side-shot:


Recipe:
Paper: October Afternoon "Seaside"
Stamps: IndigoBlu "Ink Splats" and My Favourite Things "Go with It"
Fonts: "Handwriting Draft" and "Dark Underground" dafont.com
Other: Acrylic paint, black e.p., spring from notebook

Thanks for looking!






8 comments :

Judith said...

Hi julie - I love your fun card -just love the bright feel of it - thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Gorgeous card! Love the background & the arrow :)

AndreaNorris said...

Great card for a young man, hope he loves it. This you did a fab job with that background. thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge and good luck
Andrea x

Hetty said...

Great take on the sketch and wonderful male card.

Patricia Alvarez said...

Beautiful card! I love the design and the color choice. Thanks for sharing with us over Craft Your Passion. Good luck!!! Patricia

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh yes! That is so striking and styley! Very cool male card design. Thanks so much for joining in with our 'Male Birthday' challenge at Fab 'n' Funky this week. So glad you did. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Michelle said...

Great card. I like the way you used the colours.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
Good luck, Michelle

Helen said...

Great card - love your modern design.

Thanks for joining us at a Gem of a Challenge.

Helen

 
type='text/javascript'>