Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A production ....

.... line - a long time since I've made cards that way.

I mentioned on my last post that I had to make some thank you cards for a few kids at school who gave me gifts at the end of the school year, bless them!!

I kept them very clean and simple - here they are finished:


I used the sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping (flipped it around a bit) and I'm entering the following challenges: Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge ("Spots and Dots"), Shopping Our Stash ("Can't put it away" - mine is distress ink, had to do the edges with it!), The Kraft Journal ("Sun" - for the bright summery sunshiny colours I've used) and Craft your Passion ("Citrus/Tropical colours".

I stamped using Versamark and then heat embossed in white, then I coloured the flowers with Prismacolor pencils.  I stamped, embossed and coloured an extra flower to add a little dimension, then stamped the simple sentiment and doodled the dots around the edge of the cards.  Here's a side-shot:


Recipe:
Stamps: Stampendous "Flower Swirls"
Colouring Medium: Prismacolor Pencils
Other: White e.p.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments :

chera said...

Love that you flipped the sketch around!! Such pretty cards!

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Beautiful cards Julie and I so impressed with your " production line". Thank you for stopping by the blog and leaving your lovely comment, I love to hear from you. I look at your beautiful box every day and have used two of the Yankee candles, I love that you customised the box and card specially for me, big hugs, love Margie ❤️

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous cards!! Such a lovely design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Donna said...

Lovely and thoughtful thank you cards! I am sure your kiddos will love them! I love the bright colours on the kraft paper!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Can't Put It Down" challenge!

Karen Letchworth said...

Your cards are beautiful, Julie. Thanks so much for stopping by to share with us this week. I hope you will also stop by tomorrow for our new Sketch Challenge. We love having you join us.
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Sleepy Stamper said...

This is a beautiful set of cards Julie. The bright sunny colors just pop off the kraft background. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at the Kraft Journal.
Anitra

Natasha said...

Beautifully done!

 
type='text/javascript'>