My card today is, for a change, a clean and simple one. One of the ladies at my monthly craft club gave us each a little wooden die-cut house, and challenged us to make a new home card. We're going to donate all the completed cards to another crafter who raises money for breast cancer charities. So here's what I made:
Update 07/05 - this card was voted in the Top 3 on Sentimental Sundays - thank you!
I'm entering this into the following challenges: Brown Sugar ("Anything Goes"), Daring Cardmakers ("3 elements" - mine are flowers, leaves and thread), Sentimental Sundays ("Clean and Simple"), Created with Love ("In the Garden"), Fab N Funky ("Paper Piecing"), CAS-ology ("Garden").
I made the simple little scene by shaping pretty floral paper and adhering to a punched circle, then I popped the house on top. I didn't have baker's twine in the right colours, so my daughter and I twisted two enormously long strands of navy thread and one strand of grey together again and again to make this custom twine. Here's a close-up of the detail:
Recipe:
Papers: Basic Grey "Persimmon",
Font: Cheddar Jack - www.dafont.com
Other: Wooden house, grey and navy thread
Thanks for looking - don't forget to keep an eye out for my 300th post!!






10 comments :
Hi Julie, love the card it's so lovely!
A really clean and striking card design. Very nice! :D
Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week. :)
Beautiful CAS card, love the colours and gorgeous patterned papers :)
Pretty card love the colours x
Your card is beautiful. The patterned paper with the leaves looks so retro. Cool!
Thanks for joining the Daring Cardmaker's challenge.
So pretty! I like the way your design is clean and simple yet very warm. Thanks for joining the Daring Cardmakers "elementary" challenge!
Lovely card. Thanks for joining Fab n Funky. Kx
Fabulous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'Funky this this week.
Wendy xx
Beautiful card. Love the house. Thanks for joining us at Created with love Challenges.
Linda K. DT.
www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com
Hi stranger!! Glad to see you join us last week at Sentimental Sundays, with this beautiful entry!! Hope you are doing well and I send big hugs your way.
Post a Comment