Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Hallowe'en ....

.... to everyone.  I'm posting a very quick post - Jed and I are about to go and carve pumpkins (I'll put up pictures of them tomorrow), bit under time pressure, so I'll get to my card.  It's a Hallowe'en birthday card for Jed's friend - his party was last night.  Again, I was under time pressure, then the crackle glazed bat didn't dry properly, then it was too dark to get good pictures (and so the excuses roll on!).  Here's what I made:


 
I used the sketch from last week's Deconstructed Sketches and I'm entering the following challenges too: Daring Cardmakers ("Spooky Birthdays"), Simon Says Stamp ("Anything Goes"), Crafty Creations ("Make it Yourself"), Card Crafters Circle ("Autumn Splendour") and Totally Gorjuss ("Spooky").  I made the letters from the birthday boy's name, and I also made a spring-loaded bat!  I glued several layers of black cardstock together, drew and cut out the bat shape, then liberally coated it with crackle accents.  Then I swanned off for lunch with some friends, confident that when I came back, the bat would be both dry and crackled. BUT, it wasn't!  Eeeek - what to do?  So I put it in the hotpress for another hour.  No difference.  Then I took a heat gun to it.  Eeeek - dry but blistered.  So, as time had run out, I stuck two googly eyes over the worst blisters, attached the spring (from an old notebook spine) and called it a day!!  Here's a terribly lighted side-shot of the bat:



Recipe:
Papers: Cosmo Cricket "Matilda" and Rusty Pickle "Costume Party"
Other: Computer generated font, googly eyes and spring from stash

Thanks for looking - for those who enjoy Hallowe'en - have a fun evening!!

6 comments :

Marlene Atkinson said...

Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

Svenja said...

Awesome! I love that wacky bat to bits! Thank you so much for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers spooky birthdays challenge this week!

Kat said...

Fab spooky birthday card Julie. Love that bat. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Julie Great card . Love the papers and the bat
Thanks for sharing on Card Crafters Circle

Rika said...

Nice card,
love the papers.

Mandy said...

Hello hunny, long time no see :)
Fabulous spooky birthday card Julie, I love the wobbly bat.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

 
type='text/javascript'>