Tuesday, February 19, 2013

If at first you don't succeed ....

.... curse a lot, have a tantrum or two, oh - and try, try again!

That's what happened when I was making my first spinner card - none of the tutorials I read mentioned that coinage is not keen to be glued together with a spacer in the middle!!  The blasted things kept coming apart every time I tried to assemble the final piece.  But I had to persist, 'cos it was my son's birthday card, and I had it in my head exactly how it should be.  Here's the completed card:


I'm entering this into the following challenges: My Time to Craft ("Men Only"), Totally Gorjuss ("For the Men") and Creative Card Crew ("Birthday").

I didn't use any patterned paper on this card.  I stamped the cloudy sky, adding a couple of extra popped up clouds for dimension, drew and coloured the crowd, printed the sentiment, hand-cut the grass edge, stamped the little guy and then masked a Manchester United footy jersey for him.  Here's a side-shot of the layers:


Recipe:
Stamps: Basic Grey "Frog Boy" and  Hero Arts "Design Block Clouds Background"
Colouring Medium: Pro Markers
Other: Googly eyes, glossy accents, four cents!

Thanks for looking!

7 comments :

Jenn Bedient said...

How cute is that! Great job! I'm so glad you didn't give up on it. Now go have some chocolate and a cuppa- it's well deserved.

Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew this week! Hope you have a fabulous day!

- Jenn

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh this is just great, so glad you persevered!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Great project. How creative! Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is darling!

enjoy *~*

TiaraHelen said...

Hi Julie

I stumbled on your blog this morning through your winning entry on the Mojo Monday blog (congratulations!)

I have spent a lovely time this morning looking at every single entry on your blog! I am very impressed by your designs, have pinned some, and will be subscribing today...

Thanks so much for sharing.

Helen
tiarahelen.blogspot.com

June Houck said...

Happy birthday to Jed, and may I say...BEST spinner card EVER! It was worth your continued efforts. the "audience" is fun...I love the sea of faces :)

lou14 said...

An wow great card Julie, love your design. Thanks for entering it into creative card challenge.
Lou. X

 
type='text/javascript'>