Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My baby is ....

.... old enough to vote!!  Not quite sure where all those years have gone, but my daughter turned 18 over the summer.  She's gone back to school today, last first day of school ever.  This time last year, as we waved her off, my son said, faux-tearfully, "they grow up so fast".  This year, he said "she's getting so big"!  What a comedian!!

Here's the card I made for her:


I went for a sort of urban/street style, had thought I had some grungy red brick paper somewhere but never unearthed it, so I went for this distressed wood instead.  I like the colour.

I'm entering this into the following challenges: Kenny K's Krafty Krew and Party Time Tuesdays both have "Anything Goes", My Time to Craft ("Milestone Birthdays"), Passion for Promarkers ("Needles + Pins") and Sentimental Sundays ("Stitching").

I used one of the Kenny K images and coloured it with Pro Markers.  My daughter dresses in this kind of style, and she loved the baseball cap!  Here's a close-up:


Recipe:
Papers: October Afternoon "Seaside"
Image: Kenny K "Brooklyn Babe"
Colouring Medium: Pro Markers
Other: Tulle, needle + thread

Thanks for looking!

10 comments :

Louise said...

Gorgeous birthday card, love the colours you used. Thanks for joining us at Kenny K's for our anything goes challenge
Louise

Evil Edna said...

very cool and no way do you look old enough to have an 18 year old!EE

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Awesome, perfect birthday card for a cool 18 year old chicca! Happy Birthday to your baby x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the distressed wood paper looks fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

this is an awesome card!!!
love it!
thanks for joining us at MTTC!!!

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Well done!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Kenny K’s Krafty Krew *Anything Goes* challenge and good luck!

Tammy, KKKK DT from Créations LaDiva :) xx

June Houck said...

Great card! Your son is a hoot :)

I can't believe you have an 18yo!!! Who knew you could have a baby at age 8?

Your coloring and shading are so amazing.

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Fabulous card. Love the colours. Thanks so much for entering our anything goes challenge over at Kenny K`s Krafty Krew. Hugs...Mona

Andie's Space said...

Hi Julie,
This is fab. I love the design & the image looks terrific. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Tameko said...

Cool card design. Thanks for joining the challenge at Sentimental Sundays!

 
type='text/javascript'>