Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More seasonal ....

.... stuff - I've been overloading you all with orange for the past few posts.  Well, it ain't over yet!!

This fortnight's challenge on Creative Card Crew is called "Autumn or Fall" (covering both sides of the Atlantic!!).  We are sponsored by Sassy Cheryl, and she gave us some fun images to work with.  As soon as I saw the raggedy Star Annie, she reminded me of a spooky Hallowe'en scarecrow, so I decided to make a Hallowe'en decoration thingie on a stick.  Here's the front:


For the front, I used the sketch from this week's Sketch Saturday.  I'm also entering this into Sassy Cheryl's Challenge (use a Spellbinders' Die), Totally Papercrafts ("Let's go Dotty") and Stamp Something (Spots and Stripes).

And now for the back (and the orange!).  I printed off the lettering from the computer, transferred onto chipboard, cut it out and covered with crackle accents.  I had run out of time so, for once, the stitching is faux (eek, the shame!!):


Recipe:
Image: Star Annie by Sassy Cheryl
Papers: very very old Daisy Ds
Colouring Medium: Distress Inks
Other: American Crafts velvet rick-rack ribbon, Crackle Accents, kebab skewer painted black!


Thanks for looking!

17 comments :

Maria Matter said...

love the front and the back is pretty cool too! Fabulous Julie!
hugs & blessings!

Cathy said...

Julie, this is wonderful. Love the image and your coloring is awesome. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week!!

Deirdre said...

So fun Julie... .love it.

Cazza said...

What a great card, a very cute image! Thanks for joining in the fun this week on SS :o) Hugs, Cazza xxx

Sassy Cheryl said...

Adorable Julie. I love the '2 sides'! It's a BONUS of your wonderful work.
Thanks for taking part in the challenge!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is a great project. I can't get enough of these colours at the moment. Love the funny image and the 'crackled' Boo looks awesome.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Jeni said...

So cute! Would love to stick her in the plant on my island for Halloween. Thanks for joining us ~jeni :)

Annika said...

Hi there!

What a really super card and brilliantly coloured image! Star Annie is truly and honestly freaky!! :)

Thank you for joining in our Stripes And Spots theme at Stamp Something this week and good luck!
Hugs
Annika

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a cute project. The rag doll is colored perfectly for the challenge of fall! Love the back side too! Just perfect to show off Sassy Cheryl's stamp!
Denise

jkreucher said...

Julie, this is just cute as ever! love it!
So glad you joined in the Sassy challenge this week!
Judy

Ann English said...

How much fun! Love what you did with Annie!

Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge. Check out the new one tomorrow!

Sandie said...

Love it!! That image is pretty scary but you worked it well. Hope things slow down for you soon :)

C said...

Whaow Julie - love these new creations and also love the card you made for our friend's birthday today. Snoopy rules!! Hope you are keeping well and thank you for visiting my blog. CU Soon, Carol :) x

June Houck said...

These are terrific, Julie! Raggedy star Annie does remind me of a Halloween scarecrow :)

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Hi Julie, great image, really vivid. I love snoopy too. Your cards are always fun, evoking energy and excitement. Love them all. Hugs, Margie.

Deirdre said...

R you okay? Missed you posting? Hope everything is well. Hugs to you. Deirdre

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome and a great fun porject! Love the image, the back looks fab too!
Hugs,
Lily

 
type='text/javascript'>