Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oh my, all my friends ....

.... are turning 50, and policemen are definitely looking younger - does this mean I'm getting old?!!!

I had another 50th birthday card to do this week, and have used it for my PaperPlay DT entry, which this week is to "use a stamp and some bling".  We are sponsored this week by Stitchy Bear Stamps, the prize being 4 of their digital images.  Right, on to business, here's my card:


Excuse slightly blurry image, I took the pictures in a wild hurry before leaving for school, and had to hand the card over there so couldn't re-take.  I've used the sketch from Sketch Saturday (lovely to work with it was too!), and I'm also entering this on Crafty Angels (1 ribbon, 2 papers, 3 flowers - my papers have at least three flowers!), Simon Says Stamps (Birthdays/Celebrations) and Bunny Zoes Crafts (3 flowers, 2 papers, 1 ribbon or lace).

The lady who is getting this card, although she's Irish, lives in Finland, so I went with a slightly Scandi vibe with the colours on this card.  I did try to put three actual flowers on it, but the papers are so very busy, they were practically invisible, so I didn't use them, and decided that there are enough flowers on the papers to fulfill any flowery requirement!!!  The tag has Happy 50th Birthday on one side, and "Marion" on the other with some blingy bling.  I've also blinged the image, put stickles on her collar and gems on the little sticky-out bits of her dress - here's a close-up:


Recipe:
Stamp: "Poinsettia Girl" by Leanne Ellis for Sugar Nellie
Papers: Cosmo Cricket "Early Bird"
Colouring Medium: Distress Inks
Other: Ribbon, Stardust Stickles, Hero Arts Gems, Scalloped Oval Nestabilities, needle & thread

Thanks for looking!


14 comments :

Mandy said...

STUNNING hunny! adore every little part of this card, papers everything!

I so want that stamp too!

big hugs xx

Mandy said...

Wow Julie your card is beautiful, love everything.
You aren't getting old hun, it must be that children can join the police at the age of 10 lol
hugs Mandy xx

Shirl said...

I would love this card wish I was 50 again. The image is beautiful and the papers compliment it perfectly. Don't you just hate it when the card is stunning and the photo doesn't do it justice.
Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Angels.
Hugs Shirley

Kelly Booth said...

So cute Julie and I LOVE the DP and stitching you used....

Nancy said...

This is so adorable, Julie. What a beautiful mix of papers and stamps. Love it!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is outstanding! I love the patterns and colors together with the stitching - the whole thing has a great feel to it.

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Julie said...

Hi Julie

So glad you found your way to my blog - good luck with my candy!! Love this card - beautiful colours and papers!!! Your new room is fab! Can't believe you actually get to have a class with Mina - how fantastic is that!! Juliex

Maya said...

Ohhh this is so wonderful!
Love the papers and colors, and the image is just beautiful!!
Thank you for joining us at SS,
hugs from Maya :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Julie :-) the image is adorable and the colours and papers you used are perfect ,, love the sparkle too :-)

yes ,, Police are deff getting younger ,, my son's friend is one ,,, much too young lol :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x

C said...

I love this card Julie. The recipient will be really happy with it I am sure. All the glittery details are so cute.

I am on the hunt for some Microbeads. Looking at the US websites makes me weep. The choice over there for crafting is SO SO amazing. Hope you are keeping well. Will have you over to look at the cakes as soon as summer comes the the dreaded Leaving Cert is over :)

Hugs, Carol xoxox

Timi said...

Julie, This is beautiful, I so like the scandi style of it. Timixx

Mina said...

fabulous card Julie, I love those papers some of favs
Mina xxx

Deirdre said...

Julie, this is an absolute stunner. Love it.

Andrea said...

Your card is beautiful - the papers are gorgeous, love the colours, and the image is coloured and blinged up fabulously!
Love, Andrea xx

 
type='text/javascript'>