Thursday, May 27, 2010

Now I'm smooookin' ....

.... second post in one day!!  Will probably never happen again! 

I've finished another communion card, for our friends' little girl - we're going to this one 'cos it's on Sunday, the day after the 90th birthday party (I have yet to make the card for the 90th birthday girl - next on the long list!)

I've used this week's lovely sketch on Just Magnolia and made my second Tilda card (I think this one is supposed to be a bridesmaid but I figured she could be in a communion dress either!).  Here it is:


I don't think I've ever made such a girly card and the lilac/yellow colour combo is a definite first for me!  Originally, I only had the yellow ribbon, but when I was sticking it down, I pulled the sticky tape funny and a great big ladder appeared in the ribbon.   Aaaaagh!  I couldn't change it 'cos everything was stuck down too well, so I used the little bits of lilac gingham to cover the disaster.  It actually looks nicer with that addition.

I'm also entering this on A Spoon Full of Sugar (celebrations), Creative Inspirations (distressed), and ABC Challenge (V is for Vintage).

I coloured Tilda using Distress Inks - I am just loving this method of colouring - thanks Mina!!!  Here's a close-up of the image:


Recipe:
Papers: Basic Grey Kioshi
Stamp: Magnolia Tilda - image from Mina - thanks!
Colouring Medium: Distress Inks
Other: MS Valentine Lace punch, Nestabilities, ribbon from stash, needle + thread.

Thanks for looking - wish me luck as I crawl back up the stairs to start the Happy 90th Birthday card!!



4 comments :

Mandy said...

Steady on hun twice in one day lol.
Your card is gorgeous Julie, so pretty, the colours are fab together and of course I love sweet lady Tilda
hugs Mandyx x

Mina said...

your welcome Julie and Im so sorry for your new addiction lol...your right she is perfect for a communion card...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Di's Dooodles said...

Wonderful card - love the magnolia image too!!

paola said...

Beautiful card, Maid Marion looks so elegant, thanks for joining us at ASFOS
smiles
Paola

 
type='text/javascript'>