I promised DD on her birthday (last summer!) that I would do a "Banksy" image on the wall of her room when we redecorated it. The room was done, but it has taken me until now to get around to doing the image (ooh, the shame!!). It ties in with the nightlight already on the wall, as you can see in the pic of the full thing here:
The stencil was very complicated to do, took an awful lot of cutting out to get the detail just right. I thought it would take ages to paint too - but it must only have been about half an hour or so. I'm delighted with the result, but more importantly, so is the "birthday girl"!!!
Here's a little close-up of the Banksy girl:
And that's it, back to the grindstone, I have to make a lot of cards, read a lot of blogs, comment on even more blogs, and as for the housework ... I don't want to think about it!!!
Thanks for looking.








3 comments :
you've done that soooo well, I'm a huge fan of banksy, i love it! Did you post a tutorial, I'd love to link to it from our blog! :)
-Alex and Elsie x
www.oneorangeenvelope.blogspot.com
What is this thing called 'housework'? Carol xox
Froget about the housework, you did a fab job on this wall, cant wait to see what else you do. I read on your profile about college killing your creativity for years, same thing happened to me, went to varsity to become an artist,lol, what a joke, i was more artisitc before i went to college.
smiles
Paola
Post a Comment