Thursday, January 7, 2010

All that glitters ....

.... is not gold!!

It's pretty glittery outside today, we had lots of snow yesterday (well, comparatively speaking. Anyone in Scandinavia or parts of the US would fall about laughing at the piddly amount on the ground here!). But the entire country ground to a halt yesterday!!! And we were supposed to go back to school today after the Christmas hols. I checked the school's website this morning, it said we would open as normal. DS and I started walking to school in the snow - very pretty and crunchy - half way there the principal rang to say we would be closed 'till Monday - YAHOO!!!!!!

It was my turn to set the challenge on PaperPlay Challenges and it's called "Precious Metals" - I've asked entrants to feature metal, or metallic elements, on their work - could be embossing, inks, charms, findings, anything as long as it's gold, silver, bronze, copper.

Here's my card:


The number charms are faux metal - I made them from numbers I printed from the computer, traced onto cardstock, cut out and then embossed with silver e.p. and versamark several times until I had achieved the metallic look I wanted. Then I layered a load of silver Stickles on top. I also Stickled the centres of each dandelion "petal" (or whatever they're called!). Here's a close-up of all the glittery bits.



Recipe
Papers: Silver and White cardstock from stash
Stamp: Hero Arts
Colouring Media: Silver ink
Other: MS punch, pin and ribbon from stash

Thanks for looking.

3 comments :

Deirdre said...

Julie, Adore your card.. puts mine to shame... wanted to add something else to mine... but just couldn't find the position for it... so decided I would leave well enough alone!!! LOL!!! thanks for a great challenge. Enjoy your snow day!

Di's Dooodles said...

Beautiful card Julie

Dazie said...

I love this card, the Image is stunning!
Dazie
x

 
type='text/javascript'>