Thursday, November 19, 2009

Read ....

.... All About It!!! That's the name of my challenge this week on PaperPlay Challenges, and it's quite apt really. I had great intentions of making lots of things, but I got into a bit of a reading frenzy instead and spent several evenings sitting on the couch in front of the telly, book(s) in hand.

Anyway, back to the challenge:

"I want you to use some form of booktext, for example: vintage booktext, script background stamp, newspaper text."

Here's my DT sample:


I didn't have time to do any colouring, so went for some solid stamps, which I heat embossed with gold sparkly powder. Then I went mad distressing everything!!!

I'm also entering it into this week's Daring Cardmakers, the challenge this week is "scraplings", in other words, cards made with narrow off-cuts from scrap cardstock.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments :

Lynda said...

This is just beautiful. Isn't it satisfying to make something totally from scraps? Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Liz said...

Its really lovely Julie love what you have made! Its my first week and with decorators in painting and decorating my whole house it was a bit of a nightmare!

Liz x

Mandy said...

this is just gorgeous julie, I love everything about this! hope you are keeping well hun xx

Vicky said...

Stunning card, so creative, love the embossed hearts. :)x

Deirdre said...

Julie, love your challenge and love your card. Deidre x

*Alison* said...

This is such a beautiful card.. I took a look around your blog a bit. your creations are wonderful.. :) I hope you can stop by my blog and take a look around.. I am also have DT tryouts.. I would love it if I saw you there.. your work is amazing..:) hugs..

having a {me} day said...

This is so beautiful! Love the colours and the distressing. Fab card! kxx

Di's Dooodles said...

Beautiful card Julie

 
type='text/javascript'>