You are not allowed to use any patterned paper in your project. You may however (if you wish) make your own, out of card stock, for example, using whatever techniques you want ! You can use paint, you can emboss or stamp it's entirely up to you or you can just use different colours of plain cardstock if that's what you want!
Crikey - that one pulled me right out of my comfort zone, as I do lurve patterned paper! So out came the distress inks, Cuttlebug embossing folder, needle + thread and Co-ordinations cardstock and I made this card (thoroughly enjoyed it too!!).
I used a sketch from CraftyCardmakers so I'm going to enter it there.
I've been a bad crafter the last few weeks, have been painting DD's room among other things, and simply haven't got myself organised at all after going back to school. But I'm going to a crop on Saturday - I've got a few ideas in my head that will hopefully become reality and, all going well, will post them after the weekend!
Thanks for looking!






13 comments :
Lovely card - very stylish! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers :o) Lisa x
WOW I love this card !!
I'm glad you liked the challenge Julie and I don't know what you were so worried about it turned out absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I love it!!
Hi Julie!
This is an incredibly elegant card - I Love the classic colours and the sewing - divine!!
Enjoy the crop on Saturday!
Dei xx
Fabulous card, love the colours too.
oh this is gorgeous Julie!!! Love it!!!
Blessings, Maria
This is gorgeous one, and very stylish color combination too. Love, Lily
just adore this julie! so beautiful and elegant. wish I had the mojo to make anything, it has up and left..but your card is very inspirational, think it might just get me paper cutting again!
hope you are well hun
big hugs mandyxx
Amazing card, Julie!
We should have compared our fingernails today. Mine was blue, I just finished painting DS new bedroom. I'm hoping to start DD's soon, lilac this time.
what a stunning and stylish card, well done and thanks for joining in at crafty cardmakers xx
Love it Julie!! It's absolutely gorgeous.
Beautiful! Funny how when I started stamping, we NEVER used patterned paper and it seemed like cheating when we started to. Now it is difficult to create without it. YOU rocked it, Julie. Your card is beautiful :)
Luuurve the neutral colour scheme, really lovely card. Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers x
Post a Comment