Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bit of repetition ....

.... going on here, now that I look at my last few blog entries. Seems to be a preponderance of spots and Sugar Nellies!!! Maybe it's something to do with this being my week to set the challenge on PaperPlay Challenges, I've called it "Spot This":

"Pretty self-explanatory really. I am a sucker for buying spotty paper (and stripy - but we won't go there!), then I don't use it up because I don't want to cut into it. So this week, I'd like everyone to make spotty things (using paper or indeed anything else spotty you wish).

Have fun (I, on the other hand, will be weeping with a pair of scissors over my lovely spotty darlings!!!)."

So here's what I made:

Yes, it's my lovely Gorjuss Girl, coloured with Prismas and distress inked to within an inch of her life!! Papers are Crate Paper Avenue - I soooo love this line - the colours are my favourite dusky blues, creams, and dark browny/black.
I am also going to enter this card in this week's Simon Says Stamp challenge, which requires stitching. Seeing as I was insane enough to be sitting doing hand-stitching and cross-stitching on this one at 12.15 last night, I think it might just fit the bill!!!
Thanks for looking!

8 comments :

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is gorgeous Julie :-) The image is lovely and the papers are fab ! I love all the sewing too !

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

June Houck said...

Gorgeous color scheme (or should I say "Gorjuss"?)

You perfectly colored your image to coordinate. I love the little cross-stitches too...nice touch.

Good luck with the challenges :)

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous,Juile! Great color tones! I LOVE the cross stitches too!
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs,
Lily

Chris said...

Well I'm with you on the spots issue Julie, I have a little problem of my own with spotty paper...collecting it and not using because it's just too lovely :). Your card is beautiful! Love how you coloured your gorjuss girl, and the papers and colour scheme are wonderful. Stitching at 12.15am, ah, I know how that feels, except mine will be faux :D. Have a great weekend. Chris x

Kelly Booth said...

Gorgeous cards Julie...Love those little girls!!!

Maria Matter said...

this is fabulous Julie!!! great paper and distressing!! the stitching adds such a finished look!
Well done!
Blessings, Maria

debby4000 said...

Adorable cute card, fab image and love the papers.
Thanks for joining Simon Says Challenge this week.
luv
Debby

Sandra said...

Really lovely, great stitching too.
Hugs
Sandra x

 
type='text/javascript'>