Saturday, January 31, 2009

Still Keeping Up With ....

.... the Daring Cardmakers!

Lythan set the dare this week:

"I just love, love, love patterned paper so this week I dare you to join me in Patterned Paper Passion. I want to see 3 different patterned papers on your card. And to be extra daring, why not see if you can use 3 different lines of paper!"

I started working on this card, for a friend's daughter, a few weeks ago at a crop. It's like one I made for my teenage daughter last year (only her's was black and grungy with a metal ballchain - you get the idea!). I decided to use all different PPs to finish this off when I read the dare. I've used paper from Doodlebug, Love Elsie, BG, and one other I don't know. The dangling number 7 is Doodlebug Sugar Coated card with a glitter-stopping coat of Glossy Accents.

8 comments :

Sandie said...

That card is so cool! Really original :) I love it.

littlebit said...

That turned out fantastic. I remember seeing it started ... love it and am so going to copy it some time this year!!

Lythan said...

Oh what a gorgeous, gorgeous card - I love it!

Lynn said...

what a fabulous idea for a card Julie. Could you send some good card making vibes my way pls??? :)

Elisa said...

Thanks for showing the finished result. I knew it was going to be fabulous but it is even better than I imagined. The dangling 7 is a great idea.

Need some card vibes too. 4 thank you cards to make. Arghhhh!

SueH said...

That’s a great work of art Julie and a fab way to use all the different papers.

I bet your friend’s daughter is going to be over the moon when she receives it.

jeany said...

Ohhhhhh wow Julie!!!!!!!!!!
I love everything about it :):)
How did you join the letters????
Hmmm maybe a tut for us that are not so talented....lol

Jean

Mandy said...

hello missus! Some wonderful butterflies found there way to me yesterday!!! Yaayyyyyyyyyy thank you so so much, and as for the card its just gorgeous, I love the little owl, colours EVERYTHING! It has taken pride of place on my mantel piece! Thank you again so much!

Mandyxx

 
type='text/javascript'>